What's for Dinner?
Sesame Orange Chicken
Mango Avocado Salad
Sesame Orange Chicken -"Against the Grain"
2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs
1/3 cup coconut aminos (GF Soy Sauce or regular soy sauce substitute)
1/3 cup honey
2 tbsp. orange juice
2 tbsp. tomato paste
1 tbsp. toasted sesame oil
2 tsp. minced garlic
1/2 tsp ground ginger
3/4 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
1/4 tsp cracked black pepper
Garnish: Sesame seeds
1. Trim fat from meet and place in the bottom of a slow cooker
2. Place the remaining ingredients, except sesame seeds in a bowl, whisk together and pour over chicken.
3. Turn the chicken once to ensure even coating.
4. Cook the chicken on low for 4 hours
5. Remove the chicken from the sauce and cut it into cubes
6. Spoon any fat off the top of sauce and transfer sauce to small pan
7. Simmer the sauce over medium heat for 20 minutes, until it has been reduced by half and is thick and shiny.
8. Toss the chicken in the sauce and serve over rice with a sprinkle of sesame seeds.
Mango Spinach Salad with Honey Lime Dressing
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 mango, peeled and sliced
- 1/4-cup cashew halves
- Red onion (optional)
- Avocado (optional)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 limes, juiced (My kids preferred a little less lime)
- 2 tablespoons honey (add more if you like it sweeter)
- salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
For the Salad
For the Dressing
- In a salad bowl, combine spinach, mango slices and cashews; set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together olive oil, lime juice, honey, salt and pepper; whisk until thoroughly combined.
- Pour dressing over salad and gently toss it all together.
Personal Note: This Salad does NOT keep, pour dressing on individually and only make what you want for the night.